Portable DVD players allow you to bring all of your favorite movies or TV shows on long road trips and keep your kids entertained for hours at a time.
The 10 Best Portable DVD Players
- 【HIGH CAPACITY BUILT-IN BATTERY】Watch all your favorite TV shows and movies or let your kids be engaged by watching beloved cartoons while you're on the road. A built-in 2500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery ensures 5 hours of video playback. DBPOWER 11.5" Portable DVD Player equipped with three power supplies - built-in battery, car charger, and AC power adapter, hence it serves for a long period of time before having to recharge.
- 【MULTIMEDIA SUPPORTED】Direct play in formats: CD,DVD,CD-R/RW,DVD-R/+R,DVD+RW/-RW, VCD,SVCD(but not blu-ray DVD); Up to 32GB USB and SD Card are supported; MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DIVX are supported. It is Region free.
- 【SWIVELING SCREEN】9 inch screen with unique design. 800*480 Swivel Screen obtains a 270 degrees rotation and 180 degrees flip feature. DBPOWER Portable DVD Player can be swiveled as a tablet easily and mounted to the back of your car's headrest (head restraint) while you are on the road trips with your family.
- 💖【Immersive Movie Experience】 The YOTON 15.5-inch jumbo screen portable DVD player with dual speakers and a high resolution of 1280x800 provides you with a great viewing experience with amazing images and stereo surround sound. This player only supports video files with 720x480 resolution and image files with 2650x1440 resolution, not 1080P, 4K, or Blu-ray discs!
- 💙 【Large capacity built-in battery】 The YD155 portable DVD player can work for about 4-6 hours when fully charged, and can watch 2-3 movies completely. Equipped with a certified high-quality car charger, you can use it on the go with confidence.
- 💚【Sync Screen to TV】 Want a bigger screen? The YOTON YD155 portable DVD player has a large 15.5-inch screen and can be connected to your TV, projector, or other portable DVD players to easily create a private theater for your and your family's pleasure.
- 👨👩👧 Portable and Magical ---- Compact design makes it easy to carry out with you. Take it on your road trip, be companioned by your child, brings tons of fun for your journey. ieGeek DVD player can be easily swiveled as a tablet and mounted to the car headrest.
- 👨👩👧 Durable and Safe ---- Upgraded battery capacity to 2500mAh, ensures 5 hours lasting time. We also provide a certificated AC power adapter and high-quality car charger in the package, no more worries about the battery dying out when you are out.
- 👨👩👧 Sonorous and Loud Volume ---- ieGeek portable DVD players equipped with two high-power speakers, which makes the volume louder and clearer. Not enough? There is a 3.5mm earphone jack on the right side of the player so that you can get a concentrated and clear sound.
- 🌷【Excellent visual experience】7.5-inch YOTON portable DVD player has a 270° rotating and 180° flipping eye protection screen, the resolution can reach 800*480, the body is compact and easy to carry, it is very suitable to put on the car seat, giving you an excellent visual experience.
- 🌷【Break-Point Memory Function】YOTON portable DVD player has an intelligent memory function, when you leave the video and turn it on again next time, the DVD player will automatically jump to the last viewing position to continue watching your movie.
- 🌷【Built-in Battery】The DVD player can work for about 4-6 hours on a full charge, so you can watch 1-2 movies in full. We provide a certified AC power adapter and a high-quality car charger to keep you worry-free on the go. This unit only supports 720x480 resolution video files and 2650x1440 resolution image files. If your DVD player can't read the disc, please check whether the resolution of the disc content meets the standard, and does not support 1080P, 4K, or Blu-ray discs!
- 【Large HD screen】 Portable DVD player uses 1280 * 800P high-resolution LCD screen to make the video clearer. Compared with the small screen,14.1-inch large screen greatly reduces the visual fatigue, it is more suitable for adults, elderly, teenagers and children, and is convenient for several people to watch movies at the same time. 270° rotation and 180° flip function give you the suitable viewing angel and easy positioning.
- 【6 Hrs Battery and Anti-shock】 Rechargeable battery ensures playing for 5-6 hours. UL car charger ensures car DVD player can be used longer when you out. Anti-shock function will protect the disc and reduce video interruptions caused by shaking.
- 【High Volume and Sync TV】 Personal DVD player with two large 3-inch speakers ensures louder and clearer sound. Audio jack can be plugged into a headset. AV input and output can sync movies to TV to enjoy your happy time. Supports most NES games.(gamepad not included)
- 【HD Brightness Screen & Portability】The portable DVD player features a 14-inch high-definition swivel screen that can easily fold into a car DVD player for watching high-quality movies. Thanks to its innovative design, it maintains a compact form factor despite the large screen, making it even more convenient to carry
- 【6 Hrs Battery Life & 3 Power Options】The built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery can keep the kids entertained for up to 6 hours and provide a safer driving atmosphere on road trips. The portable DVD player for car comes with a power adapter and a car charger, so you won't have to worry about the battery dying when you're out
- 【Louder Volume & Simple Controls】The portable DVD player with screen has dual speakers and a 3.5mm headphone jack to ensure an excellent hearing experience. We have also enlarged and simplified the buttons, making this DVD player with screen suitable for kids and the elderly. It's an ideal gift for kids and parents
- High Resolution Screen -- BOIFUN portable DVD player adopts 15.6 Inch 1280*800 HD swivel screen. Upgraded screen can relieve visual fatigue caused by long-term viewing. Thanks to 270° rotation and 180° flip feature, it provides extreme viewing experience and easy positioning.
- 5000mAh Battery Capacity -- Reliable battery capacity ensures continuous playing for up to 6 hours. The portable DVD player also comes with certificated AC power adapter and high quality car charger (70 inch) in the package, no more worries about battery dies out when you out.
- Support Multi Formats -- Direct play in formats: CD, DVD, DVD ±R, CD -R(RW), SVCD -R(RW), DVD ±RW, VCD (except Blu-ray). Supports multi-media files via USB and SD Card (up to 32G), such as VOB, AVI, MPEG, MP3, WMA, JPEG. Region-free makes it easy to play discs from all regions.
- 👲【The Best Companion】 WONNIE mini portable DVD players, the compact size and lightweight body is ideal for kids to carry anywhere. Simple operating system, the kids can use it easily to enjoy their favorite cartoons. On a long road trip, you can focus on driving without any distractions, make your travel safer and happier. TIPS: We offer a one-year worry-free money-back guarantee and lifetime professional customer service and technical support.
- 👲【LCD Swivel Screen】 This car dvd player with 1024*600 pixel LCD screen, 270°rotating and 180°flip function, you can adjust the most comfortable angle to watch videos by yourself. Bring you much better picture quality and watching experience.
- 👲【Sync Screen & Last Memory】 Share your favorite movies on a larger TV screen or other DVD player, enjoy with your family and get closer to each other. The last memory/resume function starts where it left off last time, without worrying about wonderful interruptions.
- 💽【Swivelable HD Screen】WONNIE 2023 New Updated 17.9’’ Full size and inner 15.4’’ widescreen with HD resolution 1024x800 give you clear viewing and 1366*768 TFT LCD with its 270° rotation and 180° flip feature, providing a more comfortable viewing experience and relieving visual fatigue from prolonged movie watching.
- 🔋 【6 Hour Rechargeable Battery】 The portable DVD player has a built-in durable and safe Li-polymer rechargeable battery that allows about 6 hours. This personal DVD player is equipped with a certificated AC adapter and car charger, ensuring you can use it for longer anytime, anywhere.
- 🔊🔊【Dual Powerful Stereo Speakers】The portable video player has built-in two powerful stereo sound speakers and a headphone jack design that will give you a powerful new listening experience. You can enjoy leisure and a happy time with family and friends. You can also adjust the volume through the remote controls and connect wired earphones/headphones or speakers for a clear and loud sound.
- 🚓🚓【𝟐 𝐱 𝐂𝐚𝐫 𝐃𝐕𝐃 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫】WONNIE 2023 New generation 10 inches dual dvd players for car adopt newly chip technology, no skipping discs during bumpy rides or any other problems. The portable dvd player for car can play different movies separately and also can play the same movie through an AV cable connection
- 🔋🔋【𝟓 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲】The dual screen dvd player has a built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery on each player, which can work for about 5 hours(more than 2 movies) playback separately. The battery life is outstanding and can be used without plugging in and they provide a 2-in-1 car charger(used only for the car 12 volts) and 2 AC adapters which is very convenient to ensure you can enjoy movies anytime and anywhere.
- 🔊🔊【𝐔𝐩𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝟐 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐨 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬】The headrest dvd players have built-in two powerful stereo speakers in each unit that can provide clear and loud stereo sound. Both dual dvd players for car can individually adjust the volume by player and remote control. Each player has a headphone jack so the kid can connect wired earphones/headphones or speakers to enjoy their favorite cartoons.
The Best Portable DVD Player for Cars
The Best Portable DVD Player for Kids
Why Buy a Portable DVD Player?
The top performers in our review are DBPOWER PD928, the Gold Award winner; YOTON YD705, the Silver Award winner; and JEKERO 1703, the Bronze Award winner. Here’s more on choosing a computer to meet your needs, along with detail on how we arrived at our ranking of 10 products.
Family road trips are a great way to see the country and appreciate the natural beauty of your surroundings. They’re also a great opportunity to make everyone in the family hate each other for six to eight hours a day. Fortunately, portable DVD players can keep your younger passengers entertained for long periods.
Many portable DVD players come with output cables for standard TVs, which allows you to watch movies on a larger screen even if your hotel lacks a standard DVD player. If you’re looking for a portable DVD player to entertain your children in the car, another great road trip option is a tablet for kids.
The key advantages to a portable DVD player are its ability to play the movies you already own and its built-in LCD screen. While many people turn to smartphones and tablets for entertainment, they have a serious storage problem, so some people still prefer to grab a DVD off the shelf, rather than constantly thinking about storage capacity. Most of the players on this list come with a car power adapter, so you can watch for several hours at a time, while smartphones, tablets and laptops require a separate adapter to charge in the car. Because DVDs do not display high-definition video, few players offer HD screens. In fact, some players – only utilize its HD capabilities when viewing a 720p video from SD card or USB drive.
Many people have huge collections of DVDs, and the travel DVD players on this lineup will allow you to watch all of your movies. In fact, some of the DVD players have memory card or USB ports, so you can access some of your downloaded videos, music and pictures. With one of the top portable DVD players, you and your kids will be able to take a piece of your home entertainment with you on your next vacation.
What We Evaluated, What We Found
When you are looking for a new portable DVD player, the most important feature is its video and audio quality. Also, we looked closely at the batteries, and tested their actual life against their advertised life.
Video & Audio: Performance Is More Than Specs
Although specs will give you a basic idea about the DVD player’s performance, the best way to assess the player’s video and audio quality is to use it. We performed two video tests to compare the devices against one another.
In our first test, we determined just how wide the maximum viewing angle is, in case multiple people are watching the same screen. Obviously, a wider angle is better for families that plan on sharing one player for multiple kids, but if only one person will be watching a movie, this metric isn’t as important.
In the second test, we used a DVD that we were especially familiar with to judge the player’s image quality. We applied letter grades to the video quality. If you need more information about why we decided upon that grade, read that product’s review for a detailed description of the video quality.
To compare audio quality, we tested the maximum speaker and headphone volumes. Using a decibel meter, we watched particularly loud sections of a DVD with the volume turned all the way up. We placed the meter next to the speaker and the headphone to get both maximum volumes. Then, we turned the players down to their middle levels and listened carefully. Usually, we found that the speakers were a great representation of the movie’s sound, although a few of them were slightly quieter at mid-level volumes. We noticed greater variation with headphones. On some players, the sounds were particularly muted, and on the lowest rated, we could hear the disc spinning through the headphones.
Battery Life: How Long Will It Really Last?
Most portable DVD players come with built-in batteries, and manufacturers promise playback times between two and five hours. We decided to test these claims by playing DVDs on loop with the screen set to its maximum brightness. Then, we timed each device to see how long it would play before shutting down. We found a large variety of test results. Some players promised a shorter battery life than they delivered, while a few others could not live up to their promises. The biggest surprise was the JEKERO, which promises five hours playback time on a full charge but delivered over eight hours during our test.
General Info on Our Testing
Whenever possible, to evaluate all products and services in hands-on tests that simulate as closely as possible the experiences of a typical consumer. We obtained the units in our comparison either on loan from the companies or through retail purchase. The manufacturers had no input or influence over our test methodology, nor was the methodology provided to any of them in more detail than is available through reading our reviews. Results of our evaluations were not provided to the companies in advance of publication.
What Else Is Important in Selecting a Portable DVD Player?
What Features Should You Look For?
Most people who buy portable DVD players will install them in the back seat of their vehicle for the kids to use during trips. Since kids will be the primary users of the device, parents want to set up some basic rules, and parental controls allow you to create usage limitations. If your child is in a booster seat and cannot reach the player, a remote control lets them choose what they want to watch. Also, make sure the player has anti-skipping, so that the DVD will maintain a smooth playback, even over bumpy roads. In order to get the most out of your DVD player, you’ll want to set rules for your children to make sure they know how to properly use the devices.
How Will the Manufacturer Support Your DVD Player?
Because portable DVD players have low prices and rely on older technologies, manufacturers offer little support for them. Most players come with a 90-day warranty, although a few will come with up to one year of coverage. In terms of technical support, we look for companies that offer email, phone or live chat contact options.
Portable DVD Players seem to be a dying technology. Many families are moving away from DVDs to Blu-rays or digital downloads, and families tend to get more out of a durable tablet than a DVD player. That said, portable DVD players offer more control over what your children are watching during road trips, so you don’t have to constantly turn around to check on them. If you have a large DVD collection and want your kids to watch their movies on longer trips, these travel DVD players are a good low-priced option for your kids’ entertainment.
Our three favorite portable DVD players are the DBPOWER PD928, the YOTON YD705 and the JEKERO 1703. The DBPOWER has the largest screen of all of the portable players we reviewed, but this also makes it larger and heavier than the other players. We were impressed with its sound quality and additional features. The YOTON is a strong all-around player with great video quality and good features. Its battery life is impressive, lasting over eight hours during our tests, but its warranty only lasts three months. Lastly, the JEKERO has similar video and audio quality to the DBPOWER player, but it does not come with a warranty. All three of these players were far more impressive than the other players we reviewed, and the differences between them are small. With any of these, you’ll have a great player for your next vacation.